Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12606 Discussions

NIOS II 9.0 IDE Display Problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am running the NIOS II 9.0 IDE, build 132, and Java 1.6.0_14-b08 (Version 6 Update 14) on Windows XP x64. 

When I right-click any project and select "Properties...", many tabs, especially "C/C++ Build" display completely garbled. Not all of the controls are displayed, and the ones that are displayed are overlapping, clipped, or otherwise mangled. Other engineers are using the same software setup (as far as any of us can tell) and are not having problems. The problem is not specific to any project. I even get this problem with a brand new "Hello, world" template project. 

I tried un-installing and re-installing Java, Quartus II, and the NIOS II IDE. Still the same problem. 

I am dead in the water until I can trust my IDE! Thanks in advance for *any* ideas or suggestions, as I am still patiently waiting for Altera to respond to my service request. 

-Dale
0 Kudos
0 Replies