AI Tools from Intel
Find answers to your toolkit installation, configuration, and get-started questions.

Intel 11th Gen I9 Processer

John-Sub
Beginner

I have a Dell laptop with the 11th Gen Intel(R) core (TM) I9-11900H processor.  I understand Microsoft's upcoming update 24H2 is going to require SSE 4.2.  Does my processor support this?

Also, do you know of any CPU updates that will be required for Windows 12?  If you do, does it look like my processor will support Win 12.  I am just wondering if you have this information yet.

Thank you for your time.

John Schreiber

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello John-Sub, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. It is best if I can coordinate this information with our team and give you an update as soon as possible. Thank you! 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello John-Sub, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with my team, we can confirm that the the Intel® Core™ i9-11900H Processor indeed supports SSE4.2. For further details, you may refer to our informative article titled 'How Do I Know Which Intel® Instruction Set Extensions Technology My Intel® Processor Has?' which provides comprehensive guidance on this topic.

Regarding Windows 12, we recommend reaching out directly to Microsoft for the most accurate and official information, as we do not have the official details at this time. Additionally, you may visit this discussion on the Windows Insider Program forum that may offer some insights into Windows 12.

If you have further clarifications, feel free to let me know.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello John-Sub, 

I am just checking in if you have further questions. Feel free to let me know by replying in my post.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello John-Sub, 

I hope you are doing well. As we have not heard a response in the past few days, we will proceed in closing this case. Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

We wholeheartedly wish you every success in all your future ventures and may your path be lined with triumphs and fulfillment

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos