Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

A VTune filtering bug?

Bazarov__Victor
Beginner

Hello,

Consider that results have been obtained and are open.

Here is a sequence I follow.

1. Activate "Bottom-up" tab.

2. Select some part of the execution graph (popup menu is shown).

3. Filter in by Selection (Function / Call Stack gets something at the top).

4. At the bottom, in the process drop-down, select my process (instead of "Any Process") -- here the Function / Call Stack is updated with what seems to be the unfiltered list of call stacks.

After that I can, of course, select some (the same) portion of the timeline and do "Filter in by Selection" again.  I don't think this should be necessary, though.

Thanks.

Victor

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We were able to reproduce the issue you mentioned. We are working with dev team regarding this.

As a workaround, you can choose my process (instead of "Any Process") initially while selecting the part of the execution graph in VTune bottom up result and give "Filter in by Selection".
So that, at the bottom side, in the process drop-down, it automatically selects the filtered one (instead of "Any Process"). Function/ Call Stack also gets updated with this approach.

Attaching the screenshots for reference.

Rahila_T_Intel_0-1647517160340.png

Rahila_T_Intel_1-1647517187263.png

Rahila_T_Intel_2-1647517200662.png

Rahila_T_Intel_3-1647517248973.png

Thank you

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. We hope that you got some clarity regarding the query which you raised. Could you please give us an update ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Bazarov__Victor
Beginner
Thanks. I didn't think a reply was needed. I already managed to work around it.

Looking forward to a report of a fix.
0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

We are working on this internally. we will get back to you as soon as we get an update

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for submitting your issue and giving us your valuable feedback for Intel® oneAPI products. While we acknowledge the issue and have provided your feedback to the product developer team, however at this moment there is no visibility of when it will be implemented and available for use as currently, the team is are working on issues that are of relative higher impact. We hope to come back to this issue when situation changes but we will have to close it for now. In addition, we ask you to please continue reporting any issues that you face with our products.

Thanks

0 Kudos