Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Accidental file delete

bill_bill
Beginner
Hi everyone,
I am working on a Windows 7 64 bits OS using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Intel XE composer 2011 (Using Fortran code).
Yesterday I tried for the first time the Vtune amplifier Analysis tool to examine the lightweight hotspots on my code, which worked fine (except sometimes MVS2010 crashed after the analysis - the window just exited by itself-).
However today when I tried to run the analysis again, I got the error message
forrtl: severe <29>: file not found, unit 1, file c:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\\Common7\\IDE\\fort.1
I checked and indeed this file is missing from that directory. I never deleted any file from that directory, however I do remember deleting a file named fort.1 which appeared in my current working directory (I basically cleand the directory), was it my mistake and am I condemned to reinstall MVS 2010 / intel XE composer or is there a way to repair this ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
thank you
0 Kudos
2 Replies
bill_bill
Beginner
Actually, nevermind this post, after switching on and off my computer this file just reappeared in my cwd and everything works again. I am not sure what caused this behavior but at least it works now.
Sorry and feel free to suppress this post,
thank you
0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

If you meet this problem again, please check if standalone application amplxe-gui can work.

If standalone application also has same problem, please uninstall/reinstall VTune Amplifier XE product.

If standalone application can work smoothly, please run below:
1. open cmd as administrator
2. $VTune Amplifier XE\amplxe-vars.bat
3. amplxe-vsreg -d 2010
4. amplxe-vsreg -i 2010

Thanks, peter

0 Kudos