Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4993 Discussions

Advisor data collection failed

yzh15
Beginner

Hi,

I just installed intel Advisor 2016 and trying to go through the tutorial material.

I'm using the sample as an example, C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\Advisor XE 2016\samples\en\Fortran\mmult_Fortran.zip

But I immediately get the following error, 

Data collection processing end
Data collection processing end
Collection has been started.
Error: [Instrumentation Engine]: Source\pin\vm_w\context_windows.cpp: LEVEL_VM::WINDOWS_PCTXT::CopyToPctxt: 833: assertion failed: FALSE 
Collection has failed. 2

I'm using visual studio 2010, Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler 16.0.4.246 [IA-32].

But I also found that this problem persists even if I switch to visual studio 2012,  compiler 17 and advisor 2017. Any idea what's going on ? Is this some stupid installation related problem ?

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dmitry_Dontsov
Employee

Hello Yantao,

Which windows version do You use? Could You please try new Advisor version? It is available for download here: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/advisor/choose-download.html

0 Kudos
yzh15
Beginner

Hi, 

I'm using Windows 10. Is this new Advisor supporting compiler 16 or 17 ? 

I'll try the link you provided and report later. Thanks,

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Dontsov
Employee

Advisor have full support of Windows 10 RS5+ not so far ago. It may be the reason of problem You have seen. Currently Advisor supports all official Intel Compiler versions and works with all recent versions of Visual Studio.

BTW, Now Advisor license is free. Please enjoy and thanks You for interest for Advisor!

0 Kudos
yzh15
Beginner

Hi Dmitry, 

I tried Advisor 2020 and it works fine! Thanks very much,

0 Kudos