Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

An internal error detected during analysis

Ramin_M_
Beginner

Unfortunately I can't use inspector for any of the projects that I am working on. I am not sure if it is related to a Windows update, as it used to work before, but now for any project, level 2 (Detect Memory Problems) and level 3 (Locate Memory Problems) of Inspector fail to work. I use Windows 7 Professional, SP1, If needed I can provide a list of installed updates.

I am using Inspector_XE_2016_update2 integrated with MSVS2010. I also tried Inspector 2017 beta with MSVS2012 and got the same error. Here is a part of log in Collector Messages in Inspector 2016:

Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\sfc.dll, address range [0x0x6e9f0000-0x0x6e9f2fff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\sfc_os.DLL, address range [0x0x7fef5440000-0x0x7fef544ffff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\USERENV.dll, address range [0x0x7fefc020000-0x0x7fefc03dfff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\profapi.dll, address range [0x0x7fefbea0000-0x0x7fefbeaefff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\dwmapi.dll, address range [0x0x7fef9240000-0x0x7fef9257fff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\MPR.dll, address range [0x0x7fef54b0000-0x0x7fef54c7fff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\UxTheme.dll, address range [0x0x7fef96a0000-0x0x7fef96f5fff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\MFC100ENU.DLL, address range [0x0x608c0000-0x0x608ccfff]
Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.
Application exit code: -1

This is a part of log messages in Inspector 2017 beta:

Loaded module: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\sechost.dll, address range [0x0x7fefc790000-0x0x7fefc7aefff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\OLEAUT32.dll, address range [0x0x7fefded0000-0x0x7fefdfa6fff], minimal analysis
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\MSVCP100D.dll, address range [0x0x19860000-0x0x1995bfff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\VERSION.dll, address range [0x0x7fefb0a0000-0x0x7fefb0abfff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\VCOMP100D.DLL, address range [0x0x722f0000-0x0x7230bfff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\UxTheme.dll, address range [0x0x7fef96a0000-0x0x7fef96f5fff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\dwmapi.dll, address range [0x0x7fef9240000-0x0x7fef9257fff]
Loaded module: C:\Windows\system32\MFC100ENU.DLL, address range [0x0x5cc50000-0x0x5cc5cfff]
Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.

Both of them seem to crash when hitting MFC100ENU.DLL. No matter what build I use, 32 or 64, debug or release, Inspector keeps crashing before starting the project. Please let me know if there is any fix for it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

First at all, ensure that your program can work with Inspector XE, then do following steps.

1. Open cmd (with administrator privilege) for Intel Compiler 16.0 Intel(R) 64 Visual Studio 2012, or run application smoothly without Inspector XE.

2. Run "inspxe-vars.bat" under "Inspector XE" in cmd, then "inspxe-cl -c mi2 -- program". Any program to cause crash?

3. Run "inspxe-gui.exe" to check if memory analyzer can work.

4. If step 2) & step 3) are OK, need to check VS integration state and may re-enable it, use -

4.1. "inspxe-vsreg.exe --status-all"; "inspxe-vsreg.exe --disable-all", "inspxe-vsreg.exe --integrate-all"

4.2. Run "devenv" to check Inspector again. If it crashed again, please run "inspxe-feedback -create-bug-report <report archive>" then send logs to me via private message. Thank you.

Hopefully,  step 2 & 3 can work as two workarounds.

0 Kudos
Ramin_M_
Beginner

Thanks Peter,

Steps 2 and 3 worked fine. I tried step 4 and still it's not working. I created the report and will send it to you soon.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Thank you for the update.

It seemed that this is a VS integration issue, I have escalated to developer with your report.

For now, you can use command line or standalone app as workaround - sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I will keep you updated, if any progress of investigating this issue.

0 Kudos
Ramin_M_
Beginner

Just a quick update: Yesterday, when I tried the command prompt as admin (step 2), it worked fine without crashing and I was able to open the results file. Today I tried it multiple times with the command line and also the standalone inspector, surprisingly none of them worked! The only thing that was changed since yesterday was performing Step 4 (the report file was after step 4). It is very disappointing not to be able to use the Inspector in any way!

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Sorry to hear this. Did it mean that VS integration impacts on Inspector component? I suggest -

1. Close Visual Studio 2012, run "inspxe-vsreg.exe --disable-all", so Inspector will not be a component of VS.

2. If it still doesn't work, restart system - maybe some inspector process(es) remained.

3. If it still doesn't work, please uninstall/reinstall the product. Note don't select VS integration at next time.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Does thing get better after disabling VS2012 integration of Inspector? If not, you may uninstall/reinstall the product then retry.

The developer will investigate this issue if you can provide problematical Inspector's result directory, working at VS integration mode on VS IDE. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ramin_M_
Beginner

Peter, I tried the first couple of the options (inspxe-vsreg.exe --disable-all and restarting), none worked. I will try uninstalling/reinstalling and let you know about the outcome. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ramin_M_
Beginner

I tried uninstalling all different versions of intel parallel studio that I had (2013,2015,2016 and 2017beta), reinstalled v2015, restarted the system. Tried integrated inspector with MSVS2010, it failed, also tried the command prompt Intel 64 Visual Studio 2010 and Intel 64 Visual Studio 2012 with admin privilege, none worked. The only clue that I can give is that every time, when it loads this module: C:\Windows\system32\MFC100ENU.DLL, it gives the internal error message. I tried it on a different machine and it was the same story. It is very odd that why for only once it worked with cmd. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Yes. It is very odd that it worked with cmd only once even you uninstall/reinstall the product.

Please attach problematical result directory to me if possible. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Ramin_M_
Beginner

Peter,

finally I found a workaround. The problem is not solved yet, BUT I tried installing Intel Parallel Studio 2015 on VirtualBox Windows 7 and Inspector worked without crashing. I will send you the crashed report files.

0 Kudos
Alpert__Alan
Beginner

I have Intel Parallel Studio 2018. I downloaded the Trial today.

I am running an unmanaged C++ app in windows 7. Every time I try to run a threading analysis I get an immediate exit and this message...

"An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team."

I can run a memory analysis but any threading analysis just exits in 6 seconds or so. I am including the logs from the last threading analysis.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks, Alan

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem with both Intel Inspector 2018 and Intel Inspector 2019 when starting a threading analysis

The error below occurs as the various DLL's are loading.

The very odd thing is that if I run the analysis on a different machine (identical hardware) there is no problem.

0 Kudos