Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Analyzing SPEC_CPU2006 benchmarks using V Tune

amanjha444
Beginner
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 as my operating system. I've the SpecCpu2006 benchmarks installed on my system in /var/tmp/CPU2006 folder and v tunes in/opt/intel/vtune_amplifier_xe_2011.
I primarily have two questions:
1. How to find the process id in an official run of all integer computation benchmarks or for that matter a non reportable run of each benchmark individually .
2. How to use Vtune to analyse the Benchmarks ?
3.While running thefloatingpoint benchmarks there is one particular benchmark dealII which has compilations problems with G++ (4.6 version) .... says a fatal error...occured. So how to rectify this problem.
need help ASAP
Thanks,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Latest VTune Amplifier XE 2011 only supports until Ubuntu 11.10, 12.04 might not be tested.

1. The user can run SpecCpu2006 manually, then use amplxe-cl to attach target process. Is it difficult to find pid? Use "ps -aux"

2. Use "amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -duration 360 -r r0001hs-target-pid pid", for example. You can de-attach analysis by using: "amplxe-cl -command detach -r r0001hs"

3. I think that this is not the VTune issue, you may raise this g++ 4.6 issue to Linux forum.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
There are at least 6 gcc bugzilla entries about such problems. You would have to study those to see about corrections to the spec cpu2006 source code.
0 Kudos