Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Annotation Error undifined subroutine calls Fortran

Sharath_K_1
Beginner

Compiler Version: icc 16.0.0

Advisor XE Version: 2016

I've added annotations as per the documentation and the tutorials provided with the tools which as follows

use advisor_annotate

call annotate_site_begin( "MySite1" )

call annotate_iteration_task( "MyTask1" )

call annotate_site_end

Compiling it as

mpiifort -O3 -g -I/opt/intel/advisor_xe/include/ -L/opt/intel/advisor_xe/lib64/ -ladvisor  abcd.f90 -o abcd.out

But when I try to do this Compilation error occurs

abcd.f90: In function 'abcd_main:
/home/Test/abcd/src/abcd.f90:undefined reference to 'advisor_annotate_mp_annotate_site_begin_'
/home/Test/abcd/src/abcd.f90:undefined reference to 'advisor_annotate_mp_annotate_iteration_task_'
/home/Test/abcd/src/abcd.f90:undefined reference to 'advisor_annotate_mp_annotate_site_end_'
[abcd.out] Error 1

0 Kudos
1 Reply
James_T_Intel

You need to put your source file before the -ladvisor portion of your compile line.  When linking static libraries, if a function is not needed at the time it is added to the link list, it isn't used.  So the three functions (and everything else in libadvisor.a) will be discarded, because none of them are needed at link time.  If you put your file first, the references it needs are known to the linker, and when those are found, they will be used.

0 Kudos