Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5015 Discussions

Application crash with memory profiler

ereisch
New Contributor II

Using Intel Inspector XE 2016, on Linux.  Profiling a large application that uses too much memory for valgrind, so unfortunately this is my final hope for locating a stack error.  Program is a 64-bit application, mixed-language, C and Fortran, Fortran compiled using ifort 15.0.2.  Analyzing using Memory Error Analyzer, with the overhead slider set to the middle (how do I turn off and on individual tests?).  "Error: An internal error has occurred. our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.  Application exit code: 255".

Where can I find a stack trace or other useful information from the profiler to send to help you guys out?  I know this posting is pretty nondescript.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_O_Intel1
Employee

Under your Inspector project, you should see a result directory for the analysis you ran

Could you also run

inspxe-feedback -create-bug-report=test

You should consider filing an Intel Premier Support (IPS) ticket so we can track the issue.

You can attach both the result and the feedback to the IPS issue.

Hope this helps

Kevin

0 Kudos
ereisch
New Contributor II

Since this appears to zip up a number of files from the system, due to proprietary software releaseability concerns, I can't upload that.  I was more looking for a program stack trace or something I could transcribe into a support ticket.

0 Kudos