Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Application crashes when using Intel Inspector.

David_Eberly
New Contributor I

Running Parallel Studio XE 2019 Update 3, Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.379), Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 version 15.9.11.  I am trying to run Intel Inspector on an application.  The application runs correctly in Debug and Release (x64), launches a window with some simple line-drawn graphics. When Intel Inspector launches it, regardless of type of memory analysis, I get "No problems found" and an application exit code of 0.  However, the application window never appears.  I checked the Event Viewer to see that the application is crashing and a Windows Error Report is generated and sent to Microsoft. The faulting module is ntdll.dll with exception code 0x00000000 (and other information such as fault offset, fault process id, etc.).  I tried running the standalone version of Intel Inspector, but the same behavior occurs.  Any suggestion on how to diagnose and fix this?  Thank you.

I tried running Intel Inspector on other projects.  All of them fail in the same way ("No problems found" and Event Viewer shows a crash with faulting module ntdll.dll).

0 Kudos
0 Replies