Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4992 Discussions

Assertion error with Vtune under Linux

Petros
Novice
Hi people,

I need your expertese once more!
I use Vtune to profile a number-crunching software from command line under Ubuntu Linux 11.04.
Suddenly, I started getting this error:
Error: Assertion 'obj->is_first_class_handler_set[signo] == 1' failed. For more information, please visit the technical support forum at https://software.intel.com/sites/support/\\n
The profiling goes through and the results seem to be logical.
The change I made that sparked this error was adding one subroutine to the software. The results of the software are as expected and I don't get any errors at runtime or by using the debugger. The only error I get is the previous.
I use Intel parallel studio 2011 and program in Fortran.
If you need more information, please let me know!
Thanks in advance,
Petros
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rob5
New Contributor II

Petros,

We may need specific information and data to debug this situation in which case taking the thread private would be appropriate. However, to triage the issue are you running in a virtual environment or running an older update of the product (older than Update 9)?

Can you post the Intel VTune Amplifier XE and VTune analysis command line being ran?

- Rob

0 Kudos
Petros
Novice
Hi,
thanks for the prompt answer. I use:
p3tris@p3tris-debian:~$ amplxe-cl -V
Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2011 Update 7 (build 206420) Command Line Tool
Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
The command is:
amplxe-cl -collect hotspots -follow-child -mrte-mode=auto -target-duration-type=short -no-allow-multiple-runs -no-analyze-system -data-limit=100 -slow-frames-threshold=40 -fast-frames-threshold=100 -- ./$executable -t$i
and the full response I get is:
Warning: Symbol file is not found. The call stack passing through the module [stack] may be incorrect
Warning: Symbol file is not found. The call stack passing through the module [vdso] may be incorrect
Error: Assertion 'obj->is_first_class_handler_set[signo] == 1' failed. For more information, please visit the technical support forum at https://software.intel.com/sites/support/\n
Target process's profiling finished but the following processes are still being profiled:
PPID PID STATE NAME
031027 031046 RESUME gnuplot
You may stop collection manually. The processes listed above will be terminated.
Using result path `/home/p3tris/Desktop/test/r000hs'
Executing actions 16 % Loading data files
Warning: Cannot load data file `/home/p3tris/Desktop/test/r000hs/data.0/31018-31027.0.log' ().
Executing actions 100 % done
The warnings about the Symbol files and the gnuplot process (I use pipes to start and close gnuplot from inside my program) were pre-existing. The results I get are good. I tried old cases and I get the same results but with the assertion error.
Petros
0 Kudos
Rob5
New Contributor II

Petros,

Can you attempt an analysis running the latest release of the product which is Update 9. If the behavior persists, can you let me know more about the functionality of the added sub-routine which seemingly changed the behavior of the analysis?

- Rob

0 Kudos