Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Call Graph Error : NO results were generated for this run.

nitinsayare
Beginner

Hi all,

I am using VTune 9.0. When I run the call-graph activity, I am getting the message box as "No results were generated for this run. Check the log or output window for further information." I have checked the output window, it doesn't have any message. I have also checked the log file, but can't find any useful information about the problem.Have anybodyencountered the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Have you checked that your executable is instrumented? Is there no message at all in the output message? It should at least state that the measurement started, and so on.

What are you using, vlec or the remote data collector?

Kind regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
nitinsayare
Beginner

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your quick response. I am using vtlec for call graphactivity. My executable is instrumented. On the console, I am getting the messages like

1) "Reading property files failed."

2)"All functions instrumentation of module --- was successful. "

3) "Data collection successful."

and other messages.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
nitinsayare
Beginner

Hi all,

I still can't find the solution for the above mentioned problem. Have anybody encountered the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

nitinsayare

0 Kudos
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee

Nitinsayare,

I have seen similar behavior for call-graph. The problem is that there might be various reasons:

Does this happen for all application or is it only your application that causes this problem? E.g. does call-graph work fine with the examples that come with VTune?

Are you using a script to call your application? Does the application use (custom) shared libraries? What is the memory footprint of your application? How long does your workload run? Does your application end normally or by a signal? Does your application fork?

If you cannot get call-graph to work properly, have you considered using the statistical call-graph that comes with iPTU? (IPTU can be downloaded free of charge at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-performance-tuning-utility-31-update-3if you have a valid VTune license.) Statistical call-graph cannot give you the same level of detail as the normal call-graph but it is less intruisive.

Kind regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
nitinsayare
Beginner

Hi

Yes, the call-graph works fine with the examples that come with VTune. It gives problem only with my applications.

I am not using any script to call my application. My application uses the custom shared library.The application ends normally. I don't know what's "memory footprint ofthe application".

Thanks in advance.

NitinSayare.

0 Kudos
Thomas_W_Intel
Employee

NitinSayare,

I was wondering how big your application is and how much memory you are using. Maybe you are simply running out of memory.

I think it would be worthtrying the command line version. I found it easier to root-cause issues there.

Kind regards

Thomas

0 Kudos