Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Can I merge results from different projects?

leech
Beginner
Hi,

Considering that I have 2 VTune projects: Project_1 and Project_2, which are targeted for 2 different VC++ projects, respectively. (The 2 VC++ projects have not much difference in source codes, whose performance difference is what I want to compare via VTune.) What I want to know is:

Is it possible to merge the call graph results of this 2 VTune projects? If possible, is this meaningful, for they differ in source and debug information?

Thank you.

Leech
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Merge:
In "Tunning Browser" select group of activiy results to be merged, press "Activity"->"Merge Results" in the main menu.

Diff:
Open one activity results and drag-and-drop other one into the open view.

Configure columns in the views:
Right-click on any column title, select "Column Layout"

Move columns:
Drag-and-drop column' title.

Filter and sort:
1. First 2 columns are automatically used as primary and secondary sorting keys.
2. For more sorting and filtering options use "Edit" menu.

Export to Excel:
"File"->"Export"
0 Kudos
Daniel_B_Intel2
Employee
Leech,

see my post
http://softwareforums.intel.com/ids/board/message?board.id=13&message.id=255

-Daniel

Message Edited by intel.software.network.support on 12-09-2005 10:07 AM

0 Kudos
leech
Beginner
kdmitry,

Can I select parts of the result from a certain view (for example, the call list view) and export them to Excel files?

Leech
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Yes, of course. Simply select required nodes, press File->Extract and choose "Selection" radio button.
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Sorry, I ment "select required rows" and not "nodes".
0 Kudos
Daniel_B_Intel2
Employee
Leech,

I'm afraid that in the call graph view you can "export" only the "Functio table". Unfortunately you'll be not able to "export" to "CSV" format by (File->export) the "call list table".

The only workaround for exporting the "call list table" i can suggest you is to select rows with the mouse, "Ctr-C" and "Ctrl-V" inside Excel sheet.

You've raised very good poin, and VTune engineers seems have to take this into account and fix this in future versions.

-Daniel
0 Kudos
leech
Beginner
kdmitry and Daniel,

Thank you! Suggestions of both of you provide just the right functions that I need.

Leech
0 Kudos