Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Can no tmanager to use intel threading profiler

malo_sasha
Beginner
HI , i'm trying to use ITP on a dll compiled with the ICC compiler and that use openmp.

In the command line options of the dll i have added /Qopenmp_profile and recompile it . The main executable that use it , , use it through getprocaddress and is compiled with visual studio compiler
So when i start the profiler in openmp* mode and add my dll as module , it says "none of the intel thread profiler openmp* collector's module of interest have been linked to an openmp library"

Could anybody help please

Regards
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anton_Pegushin
New Contributor II
Quoting - malo.sasha
HI , i'm trying to use ITP on a dll compiled with the ICC compiler and that use openmp.

In the command line options of the dll i have added /Qopenmp_profile and recompile it . The main executable that use it , , use it through getprocaddress and is compiled with visual studio compiler
So when i start the profiler in openmp* mode and add my dll as module , it says "none of the intel thread profiler openmp* collector's module of interest have been linked to an openmp library"

Could anybody help please

Regards

Hello,

there is really no need to open your application in Thread Profiler. Once you've compiled one (or several) of the modules with /Qopenmp_profile, those modules become instrumented and are able to dump OpenMP statistics into a "guide.gvs" file during the run time of a process that loads these modules. The file "guide.gvs" is generated in the working directory (it's where your main executible is). Once your application finishes, open guide.gvs using Intel VTune Environment. That'll let you see the visualized stats for the module.

This process is also described in the Intel VTune Performance Analyzer documentation (chapter on Thread Profiler). The section name is "Collecting Data From a Command Line Interface" or search for "openmp-profile".
0 Kudos
malo_sasha
Beginner
Exactly , thanks

However , i ve seen that the issue i'm facing is due to a bug in the intel 64 bits compiler and is corrected with future release. (http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=61957) .

0 Kudos