Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Cannot cancel file dialog when opening a "RECENT RESULTS" file.

David_Eberly
New Contributor I

Running Windows 10 Pro version 1903. Running Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 version 16.2.4. Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 Update 4 was added as an extension. I launched VTune Welcome Page from the menu bar icon. The window that usually contains "Configure Analysis..." was blank. I decided to open a file in the RECENT RESULTS list. An Open file dialog is launched asking me to select a VTune results file, which indicates the results file cannot be found (it does exist). I press the Cancel button without navigating away from the default folder the dialog uses. The dialog closes but then it relaunches itself. Cancel again, dialog closes and launches again (etc.).

I then navigated to the VTune results file and opened it. Closed the file. Launched VTune Welcome page again from the menu bar icon. This time the "Configure Analysis..." shows up in the window. When I click on the RECENT RESULTS list on any file, that file is found and opened (no file dialog this time).

I can now run the tool, but just posting the scenario in case other folks run into the same problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daria_R_Intel
Employee

Hi David!

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I've reproduced the problem with the file dialog not closing when pressing "Cancel" button on Update 4.

The issue is fixed in Update 5.

I couldn't reproduce the "blank Configure Analysis". Could you provide additional details on this? May be you have a screenshot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daria_R_Intel
Employee

Hi David!

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I've reproduced the problem with the file dialog not closing when pressing "Cancel" button on Update 4.

The issue is fixed in Update 5.

I couldn't reproduce the "blank Configure Analysis". Could you provide additional details on this? May be you have a screenshot.

0 Kudos
David_Eberly
New Contributor I

Hello Daria.  Thank you for taking the time to reproduce this. The "blank Configure Analysis" window only occurred once for me. I have not been able to reproduce it, tried on two different desktop machines. On both machines I have disabled "Optimize rendering for screens with pixel densities". Perhaps the problem was a timing issue with multithreaded code.

0 Kudos
Daria_R_Intel
Employee

Hello David,

We've finally reproduced the issue with the "blank Configure Analysis". If there is no current project in the standalone VTune and then the VS VTune is opened the "blank Configure Analysis" is observed. 

In your case I think you installed VTune and then opened VTune via Visual Studio. In this initial scenario VTune doesn't have current (opened) project. So sorry for the inconvenience. The issue will be fixed in the following VTune release.

0 Kudos