cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_T_1
Beginner

Capturing program stdout

Jump to solution

Does the VTune gui capture program stdout in its reports anywhere? I need to check that the optimisations I am performing are not changing the results but I can't see them from the gui. At the moment they're being printed to stdout in the terminal from which I ran amplxe-gui which isn't ideal, so I was just wondering if there was another way of capturing them.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Hi David,

You need to specify the application output destination to "Product output window" in the VTune/Options/General settings.

Options.png

Then your program output will be logged in the "Collection Log" tab in the "Application Output" at the bottom.

Regards, Katya

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi David,

You need to specify the application output destination to "Product output window" in the VTune/Options/General settings.

Options.png

Then your program output will be logged in the "Collection Log" tab in the "Application Output" at the bottom.

Regards, Katya

View solution in original post

TimP
Black Belt

Output redirection may be more convenient if you set up your test run in a script. Unfortunately, the combination of saving these data along with vtune collection may affect performance.

Normally, I would expect to check program modifications separately before running tune.

David_T_1
Beginner

Superb, that's the option I was missing!

Thanks for that

David