Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Checksum/ MD5 Hash

srimks
New Contributor II

Hi.

How does one perform Checksum with downloaded tar source files of Intel products?

Here I mean md5sum, considering EVAL vesrion of Intel VTune -v9.1 after being downloaded, I did following -

"md5sum vtune91_001_lin.tar.gz" and got as -

12bb46af533772323490bcde35ccd2a2 vtune91_001_lin.tar.gz

How do I know this checksum number is correct or the integrity of files for the tar source has been maintained as I don't see any checksum number in Intel Product website which says to match in it's registration link.

Do Intel need to have this number for it's products?

~BR

0 Kudos
1 Reply
srimks
New Contributor II
Quoting - srimks

Hi.

How does one perform Checksum with downloaded tar source files of Intel products?

Here I mean md5sum, considering EVAL vesrion of Intel VTune -v9.1 after being downloaded, I did following -

"md5sum vtune91_001_lin.tar.gz" and got as -

12bb46af533772323490bcde35ccd2a2 vtune91_001_lin.tar.gz

How do I know this checksum number is correct or the integrity of files for the tar source has been maintained as I don't see any checksum number in Intel Product website which says to match in it's registration link.

Do Intel need to have this number for it's products?

~BR

Hi.

In continutation with above suggestion. I downloaded the latest Intel VTune-v9.1 tar .gz file of 513MB and when I did "tar -xzf vtune91_001_lin.tar.gz", I got below error messages -

---

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
---

which means while downloading through internet the source file was not transferred properly or was corrupted or isn't compressed properly.

I think rather having source file of Intel VTune if it was binary mode this problem wouldn't have happened.

Hopefully, Intel will take care.

~BR

0 Kudos