Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Collect locks and waits data failed

zhihong_l_
Beginner

Hi,

I run vtune on linux (redhat 7.1) ,use the gui tool. when I collected the locks and waits type, collection can not continue:

Application sets its own handler for signal 38 that is used for internal needs of the tool.

but other type of analysis works well.

what's the problem and how to fixed it ? I want to collect locks and waits data of my system.

thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I heard this issue before, do you use latest VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2016 Update 1?

0 Kudos
zhihong_l_
Beginner

hi Peter,

I use  VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2016 Update 2. 

thanks.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Sorry, latest is Update 2.

Can you please try command line like - "amplxe-cl -c locksandwaits --run-pass-thru=--profiling-signal=33 -- application"?

0 Kudos
zhihong_l_
Beginner

Peter Wang wrote:

Sorry, latest is Update 2.

Can you please try command line like - "amplxe-cl -c locksandwaits --run-pass-thru=--profiling-signal=33 -- application"?

OK, thanks Peter, I will try it soon, and tell you the result later.

Now I have a new problem, I install vtune (latest version) in another system (OEL 7.1) and while i start run ./amplxe-gui and it shows:error_0.png

and then the opening GUI were filled with messy code. 

Is the OS lack of some libs ? or I need some other configuration? 

thanks.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

It implied there some X11 libraries missed - font library? Please do sanity check of your GTK*.

0 Kudos
zhihong_l_
Beginner

Hi ,Peter,

I run that command in command line, and it  works well. but the elapsed time only 0.075 seconds.

how can i control the analysis time? add  '--duration=xxx ' ? or How can i just let it run untill i stop it ?

thank you.

0 Kudos
zhihong_l_
Beginner

hi Peter,

by the way , is the signal 38 conflict were caused by gui model ? or why it work in command line ?

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

It is great that you can work on command line...you also can use option "-d xxx" to stop application to terminate collection if it still runs.

0 Kudos