Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Collection failed. The data cannot be displayed. Error: Binary load failed.

Peter_F_1
Beginner

According to this error reporting this is definitely a pre-C++-Exception-Handling application (which means pre-1996).

And I'm copying this error message by hand since copy&paste is also not yet invented!

Analysis is:

General Exploration - Knights Corner Platform.

On the console it says (again -- somebody deep in the library using printf since we don't know about C++-Exception-Handling):

[peterf@tmp68 SAMSUNG]$ osi_DLL_Error: libscif.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Unable to open shared library: libabstract_mic_host.so
SEP_Set_Up_Abstract_Callback_table returned error: 37

0 Kudos
10 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee

This is a case where it would be best for you to submit this as an issue at Intel(R) Premier Support so that we can pursue this problem with you.  Please execute the command 'amplxe-feedback -create-bug-report report.zip' on your host system and upload the resulting zip file to the issue (see "Attach File" link near the bottom of the submission form).

0 Kudos
Peter_F_1
Beginner

file created by

amplxe-feedback -create-bug-report report.zip

0 Kudos
Peter_F_1
Beginner

another attempt

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Okay, the first, obvious thing is that you have SELinux enabled.  We do not support Linux running with SELinux enabled because it blocks our executables.  If you disable SELinux, what happens?

0 Kudos
Chenzhe_Q_
Beginner

I had same problem when runing Knights Corner Platform Analysis. The CPU is i7-3770k and SELinux is disabled.

Here is the report.zip file. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

It's better that you put command line & show outputs, such as:

1. "amplxe-cl -collect knc-general-exploration -- ssh mic0 /root/app arg1", Native Xeon Phi program

2. "amplxe-cl -collect knc-general-exploration -- app arg1", launch from Host and offload part works on Xeon Phi coprocessor.

Ensure your MIC card works, use "service mpss status"...and check if vtune drivers work on Xeon Phi coprocessor. Please see more in my blog. Hope it helps. 

0 Kudos
Otero_Cabaleiro__Efr

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem when running knights Corner Platform Analysis:

osi_DLL_Error: libscif.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Unable to open shared library: libabstract_mic_host.so
SEP_Set_Up_Abstract_Callback_table returned error: 37
amplxe: Error: Binary load failed.
amplxe: Internal Error

Did you solve it? I hope you can help me with your experience.

Moreover when running a basic Hotspot I do not have access to the code in Top-down Tree for example.

Thanks

Evelyn

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

osi_DLL_Error: libscif.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> Unable to open shared library: libabstract_mic_host.so

You need to check if your Xeon Phi application can run on the device without VTune...probably you have to copy compiler libraries to the device first. You can refer to Setting environment variables of my article to know how-to.

0 Kudos
Otero_Cabaleiro__Efr

Hi,

In my previous message I was in the wrong folder concerning analysis type since I have an intel core processor. I got confused because when I go under "Intel Core 2 Processor Analysis" any analysis option as "Bandwith" shows the message: "This analysis type is only defined for Intel Core 2 processor family" (the one I have). Why does it not recognize the processor giving this error? I hope you can provide me with a solution.

Regards

Evelyn

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Evelyn O. wrote:

Hi,

In my previous message I was in the wrong folder concerning analysis type since I have an intel core processor. I got confused because when I go under "Intel Core 2 Processor Analysis" any analysis option as "Bandwith" shows the message: "This analysis type is only defined for Intel Core 2 processor family" (the one I have). Why does it not recognize the processor giving this error? I hope you can provide me with a solution.

Regards

Evelyn

If your request is for "Bandwidth" analysis on Intel? Core? 2 processor, the answer is "NO".

VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2011 supports bandwidth analysis (with add-on patch to run script), if the processor is Intel? Nehalem processor or above.

VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013 supports bandwidth analysis, if the processor is Intel? Sandbridge processor or above.

0 Kudos