Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Compare Results in VTune Profiler gives an empty output

henrika
Beginner

I have two valid results that I can view separately and they both contain valid and detailed results.

When I then want to compare them and analyze the difference [1] all I get is an almost empty Summary tab with only Collection and Platform Info but no other details and no other tabs are created.

I have tried clients both on Win and Mac and get the same result on both platforms.

The commandline in the Collection Log states "Failed to generate the command line due to an internal error".

[1] https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/analyze-performance/manage-result-files/comparing-results.html

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel forums.

We tried comparing two vtune hotspot results with Vtune Profiler 2021.2 in Windows and we were able to see all the details mentioned in the report .Could you share your vtune version and your analysis type?

Also it would be great if you share the screenshot of collection log page and summary page.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
henrika
Beginner
Hi,

I am using version 2021.5 but have tried 2021.2 as well.

I created two different results on an external device using

>> socwatch -t 30 -f cpu -f power -m -r vtune

​and then transferred these results to the machine where I have Vtune Profiler installed.

I think that the SoC Watch version is something like `2021.1.1.105_nda_offline`. It is not clear to me if I can or should update it to match my VTune Profiler. If so, please add instructions on how to do so.

I am adding screenshots which show that both the individual results I want to compare contain valid results. See 'Idle' and '2P'. But when I compare these two, the output is blank/empty.

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

We are working on this.We will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi,

The soc watch result comparison is not supported. That is why you see empty output.

0 Kudos
henrika
Beginner

Sorry, are you saying that it is not possible to use the Vtune Profiler to compare results from socwatch or that some flag is missing when using socwatch? 

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

The flow has no issues. But the soc watch result comparison is not supported. We support result comparison for the pre defined analysis types like we have in vtune. But we don't have predefined analysis type for soc watch.

0 Kudos
Vinutha_SV

Hi Henrik,

I hope we were able to address your query. We will stop monitoring this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
henrika
Beginner

Thanks, I am OK for now!

0 Kudos