Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

ERROR: The Sampling Collector failed to start because the driver is not loaded!

satwik_red
Beginner
i recently installed vtune 9.0 trial version on my xp and it does nothing. when ever i try something, it spits out an error saying
ERROR: The Sampling Collector failed to start because the driver is not loaded!
ive seen this error to be in 8.0 but could'nt find any occurance in 9.0
help...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andrey_Pavlenko
Beginner

Hello,

please provide more details to let usunderstand the problem.

VTune package number (support.txt file content)

Your OS/SP, CPU architecture (IA32, IA64, Intel64).

If it's possible, please open the folder specified in your TEMP environment variable and look for the vtinstlog.txt file there. It helps technical support people to detect install-time problems.

Most often the message you mentioned appears when user installed 32-bit version of VTune to 64-bit OS or vice versa.

0 Kudos
satwik_red
Beginner
hi,
sorry i dint give you any details .. i have intel duel core t7300 .. so i believe thats a x86_64 architecture with xp sp2 (32) on it .
i have installed the evaluation copy 9.0_005_win the support file says package id w_vt_pu_9.0.024.
i have the install log file but i dont know what am supposed to look for .. its huge.. please let me know if any thing else is needed..
0 Kudos
Andrey_Pavlenko
Beginner
Unfortunately I can't give you the direct contact, so please submit your issue at https://premier.intel.com/ and attach the (zip-compressed) install log file.

Anyway, let's just do the very initial diagnostics:

Open the vtinstlog.txt file (say, in notepad) and search for the "DriverAdd" word.

You need to find the line, like:

Action 10:49:02: DriverAdd.

Action start 10:49:02: DriverAdd.

Then a bit below find the line, like:

Action ended 10:49:03: DriverStart. Return value 1.

Put here in the reply the lines between "Action start 10:49:02: DriverAdd." and "Action ended 10:49:03: DriverStart."

/Andy.

0 Kudos