Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Error happend when use reverse proxy in vtune-backend.

mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

Hi,

I can open the vtune-backend web interface with reverse proxy successfully after getting the param : --url-path-prefix .

And now some errors happened. 

mpi_new_user_0-1629791682003.png

When I create a new project, the page will not display correctly.

And 404 error will be happened in the network.

The command I used is : 

vtune-backend --allow-remote-ui --enable-server-profiling --data-directory=/home/hpcadmin/test_dev/vtune_work --web-port=18080 --url-path-prefix=/dev/vtune/ 

Please let me know if I'm missing something.Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

mpi_new_user_0-1629791779487.png

0 Kudos
Stas-Neverov-Intel

Hi,

HTTP 404 for the log requests is not related, please ignore it.

The screenshot shows two nested VTune projects. That's not supported. You probably created those by running with different --data-directory options. Please clean /home/hpcadmin/test_dev/vtune_work and see if the issue reproduces.

0 Kudos
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

Hi,

The folder  /home/hpcadmin/test_dev/vtune_work is actually empty.

In this screenshot, the test folder is actually created after clicking the <create a project> and  the nested folder with the same name  appears automatically at the same time . It is not created by me.

And in fact, the nested folder is not real in the machine.

mpi_new_user_0-1629857478179.png

And if I click the nested folder, there will be another nested folder in it and the page will  also be messy . Like the screenshot below.

mpi_new_user_1-1629857531438.png

Please check it ,thanks.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We're checking this internally. We will get back to you with an update.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We have tried to reproduce your issue in VTune 2021.5.0 & 2021.6.0 versions in both Windows 10 and in Ubuntu as well. It worked well for us with the below command:

vtune-backend --allow-remote-ui --enable-server-profiling --data-directory=<path to a result folder> --web-port=8080 --url-path-prefix=/dev/vtune

The first issue you were having i.e. "HTTP 404 page not found" error is not a VTune error. It is an issue with Google Chrome DevTools source-mapping. You can ignore it.

Regarding the second issue i.e. nested folders, We tried creating a new project in Remote UI but we didn't find any nested folders issue. So, we would like some information from your side so that we can work on your issue.

• Whether you’re observing the same issue in Vtune GUI as well.
  • Your VTune Profiler Version
  • The sample you're trying to run
  • Details of your system hardware & software
  • VTune Result directory & Logs

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
mpi_new_user
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks.

I have solved this issue by modifying the nginx setting today . The error is only happened in vtune-backend web interface and set  authorization type to the reverse proxy at the same time.

And it works fine after changing the value of proxy_pass.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos