Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Error opening a project

el1goluj
Beginner

Quick Performance Analysis (QPA) wizard reports an error message when I open a new project and select an application to launch: "The especified application could not be open because its file is corrupted or has an unrecognizable format. Make sure that the file exists and is not locked by another application".

I'm using "gcc" to compile the program. Which options should I use?

Thanksin advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Please try using the Sampling wizard and then the Call Graph wizard, instead of the QPA wizard. This will allow you to narrow down where any problem may be.

In general, you need debug info, so '-g' should be specified to the gcc compiler.

However, note that CYGWIN* apps are not supported by Call Graph: http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/cs-022348.htm

Regards,
0 Kudos
el1goluj
Beginner

The sampling wizard runs ok. But the Call Graph wizard reports the following message: "Module was created for unknown platform". I've compiled the program with gcc -g.

Other question: how could I see the source code of my program in the "Source view"?

Thanks

0 Kudos