Analyzers
Support for Analyzers (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor, Intel Inspector)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4559 Discussions

Error: unable to open SELI interface

christoph-bartoschek
Hi,

when I try to do a sampling run on the remote server I get the following error on the remote host:

000 04/19/2007 01:55:09 10072 [ERROR] unable to open SELI interface

The GUI says:

Error: unable to create environment file "./environment.xml" on localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1): [ERROR] unable to open SELI interface
0 Kudos
5 Replies
aokunev
Beginner
Hi

Can you please add some details - do you use supported Linux distribution? What VTune version is?

This could be installation problem - please check /var/log/vtune_install.log is good.

Anyway - it's better to submit this issue to Premier.

thanks, Andrei
christoph-bartoschek
The version is 9.0 from the package vtune_linux_9.0.833.tar.gz.

The linux version is a supported one.

The installation log looks fine. The driver is build without problems.
John_O_Intel
Employee
The version is 9.0 from the package vtune_linux_9.0.833.tar.gz.

The linux version is a supported one.

The installation log looks fine. The driver is build without problems.

Is this a known issue ? I ran into this on Red Hat EL 5.3, running 9.1.0 20080814102 on Intel 64. Is there a workaround ?

thanks,
John
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - John O (Intel)

Is this a known issue ? I ran into this on Red Hat EL 5.3, running 9.1.0 20080814102 on Intel 64. Is there a workaround ?

thanks,
John
Accesshttps://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/Download.aspx?productid=1101 to get latest v9.1 Update 2, build #226 which supports Red Hat EL 5.3.

Regards, peter
John_O_Intel
Employee
Accesshttps://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/Download.aspx?productid=1101 to get latest v9.1 Update 2, build #226 which supports Red Hat EL 5.3.

Regards, peter

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the info. I requested this to be installed on my machine. I also opened a VTune support issue to improve the error message.

thanks again,
John