Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Error while building the sampling driver

vtune-work
Beginner

Hi I recently started working on vtune profiler. I am having this issue while trying to build the sampling driver to my remote instance.

Configurations :

uname -a : Linux a1 5.4.17-2136.309.5.el8uek.x86_64 #2 SMP Sat Jul 16 13:06:22 PDT 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Command : ./bulid-driver

Error :

************ Built drivers are copied to /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2022.3.0/sepdk/src/socwatch/drivers directory ************
Done
mv: cannot stat 'socwatch/drivers/socwatch2_15-x32_64-5.ko': No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:224: default] Error 1

Failed to build the drivers

Please help me with this asap.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. Please give us below information so that we can debug your issue further.

1) Your OS details

2) Your processor details(We appreciate if you provide the whole software & hardware requirements of your PC in which you're facing this error)

Please run the self-checker:

To run vtune-self-checker run the below command:

For Linux:

sh <oneapi_install_directory>/vtune/latest/bin64/vtune-self-checker.sh

(eg: sh /opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/latest/bin64/vtune-self-checker.sh)

Please attach the self-checker log (latest version of Vtune) to proceed further.

Please follow this documentation for Building driver for Linux targets(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/set-up-analysis-target/linux-targets/build-install-sampling-drivers-for-linux-targets.html)

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This resolves others with similar issue.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Could you please give us an update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any further assistance, please post a new thread as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos