Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Excel Report under VTune environment

Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hi folks,

I am still evaluating VTune and I would like to export my data to Excel as proposed in the tools properties.

The point is that it does not want to work, the "Export Data To Excel" button is "greyed" I mean locked. So I want to know if it is a normal situation coming from the fact that my VTune is an evaluation version or maybe I have forgot to something.

Those who know something about it, please let me know.

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Note that there are two ways to export data for viewing in Microsoft Excel*:

1. File menu -> Export: this creates a comma-separated file with the data that can be imported into Excel.

2. The "Export Data to Excel" button that you refer to: which is only available if Excel is installed on the system.

0 Kudos
Aries1
Beginner

1. File menu -> Export: this creates a comma-separated file with the data that can be imported into Excel.

2. The "Export Data to Excel" button that you refer to: which is only available if Excel is installed on the system.

Is it possible to export data to excel using commandline?

Right now I do the sampling at commandline and view the result at GUI. Do I have to use the GUI to export the data into excel? Thanks.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Is it possible to export data to excel using commandline?

Right now I do the sampling at commandline and view the result at GUI. Do I have to use the GUI to export the data into excel? Thanks.

Yes. Using command line options, you can dump the data in CSV format, for example,

vtl view -processes -cd ","

Regards,

Mr.Anderson

0 Kudos