Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Export VTune Call Graph data

Zhiqiang_Y_Intel
Employee
The VTuneI use is VTune 7.2 on Windows. I encountered some problem when exporting the VTune Call Graph data.
When using VTune to gather call-graph data,Thecaller andcallee's information(Thenumber ofcalls, thecaller andcallees of a specified function,etc)can begot from the IDE environment. However, when exporting such kind of data to a Excel file(in order for automatical analysis), some information is missing, for example, the information about the caller and callees of a specified function, the number of calls from each caller and callee, is missing.
How to solve such kind of problem?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Exporting the callers and callees for every function in the call graph (or selected functions) would be problematic. For example, how would you suggest we do that, since the data is exportedby columns?
As far as call count, this should be included in the exported data, but may be omitted if you did not include it in the display. That is, columns can be hidden or displayed.
0 Kudos
Zhiqiang_Y_Intel
Employee
Hello DaveA:
Thanks for you timely reply.
I try the command line script "vtl view -calls > results/my_calls.csv", It seems that I can get the information I want. the followingshows part of the output:
myFunction; void Test.myFunction(); /home/.../java
[NAME(1)]; [CALLS(2)]; ... [DISPLAY_NAME(7)]; ...
myFunction2; 5; ... void Test.myFunction2(); ...
test; 1; ... void Test.test(); ...
println; 1; ... void java.io.PrintStream.println(java.lang.String);
My environment is : VTune 3.0 on Linux (Redhat 7.3).
The remaining thing is to implement a post processing tool. :-)
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
Oh! Okay, well, there is a separate forum for the Linux*-based product. Your original post says "7.2", so I was confused by your post. But, no worries...
For the benefit of other forum visitors, exporting the data is possible from the 7.2 GUI by selecting Export... from the File menu with the Call Graph view active. This will result in the same data being exported to a CSV file, which can then be imported into something like Microsoft* Excel*.

Message Edited by DaveA on 02-18-2005 08:54 AM

Message Edited by DaveA on 02-18-2005 08:55 AM

0 Kudos