Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

Flow graph analyzer setup on macOS

Deepan
Beginner

Having issues running Flow graph analyzer on macOS.

After setting:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=.

export DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=./Frameworks (BTW documentation has a typo I think, it says DYLD_FRAMWORK_PATH which has a missing E)

I still get the following error:

/opt/intel/oneapi/advisor/2021.3.0/Intel\ Advisor\ 2021.3.app/Contents/fga/fga/fga ; exit;

dyld: Library not loaded: libfga_common.dylib

Referenced from: /opt/intel/oneapi/advisor/2021.3.0/Intel Advisor 2021.3.app/Contents/fga/fga/fga

Reason: unsafe use of relative rpath libfga_common.dylib in /opt/intel/oneapi/advisor/2021.3.0/Intel Advisor 2021.3.app/Contents/fga/fga/fga with restricted binary

Not sure why it's looking in /opt/intel/oneapi/advisor/2021.3.0/Intel Advisor 2021.3.app/Contents/fga/fga/fga

IMO it should be looking in /opt/intel/oneapi/advisor/2021.3.0/Intel Advisor 2021.3.app/Contents/fga/fga

The libfga_common.dylib is in that directory

I did first cd into the fga directory where the fga binary is located at.

Please help,

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel communities. We would like to have some information from your side so that we can try resolving your issue.

1) The documentation you were referring which has a typing mistake.

2) The sample reproducer.

3) The steps to reproduce

4) OS details

Meanwhile could you please check whether you have sourced setvars.sh/setvars.bat before working your project.

Thanks and Regards

Rahul

0 Kudos
Deepan
Beginner

1. The document FlowGraphAnalyzerUserGuide.pdf and also I believe you have the typo on your website

3. To repro:

On terminal

1) cd /opt/intel/oneapi/advisor/2021.3.0/Intel\ Advisor\ 2021.3.app/Contents/fga/fga
        2)  sh run_fga.sh or manually export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=.  and DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=./Frameworks

3) Try opening fga binary from terminal or double click it, you'll see the error(look at the attached png)

4. I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.7

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We were able to reproduce the error you got with MacOS 10.15.6. The pdf document in the Flow Graph Analyzer User Guide it is mentioned that the version supported for MacOS for analyzer and collector is 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14 and only view only mode for MacOS 10.15 (you can follow the below links to see the system requirements for running graph flow analyzer). Thanks for your feedback regarding the typo in the documentation. We will correct it.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/download/flow-graph-analyzer-user-guide.html

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/advisor-system-requirements.html

Thanks

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back anything from you. Could you please confirm if the issue is resolved.

Thanks

Rahul

0 Kudos
Deepan
Beginner

Yes. I was able to get this to run on a windows machine. Thanks.

Some other issues in you documentation related to flow graph:

How do you suggest we differentiate a node as a light-weight node?

You mention in all your documentation(including Pro-TBB) that if a node that takes less than 1 microsecond can be a lightweight node. I believe it should 1 milli-second, shouldn't it?

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

We apologize for the delay. Glad to know your issue is resolved. The typo DYLD_FRAMWORK_PATH has been rectified in the source user guide. The republishing will happen during next release. A lightweight-node is a node that uses the lightweight execution policy. This policy ensures that if the node contains a very small amount of work (typically 1 microsecond or less), it should not be executed with additional overhead. You can refer to the below link for more information

If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by intel.

https://spec.oneapi.io/versions/0.6.0/elements/oneTBB/source/flow_graph/lightweight_policy.html

Thanks and Regards

Rahul

0 Kudos