Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Font Size in Advisor

snout_hound
New Contributor I

I am running Advisor on my 17 inch Dell 7760 Mobile Workstation which has a screen resolution of 3840x2160 and I am using KDE in Fedora 34 for my window manager.  When I initially started up Advisor, the fonts were microscopic but I tried increasing them using the Options menu from the File menu which allowed me to increase the size to 18.  However, the fonts are still very, very small although bigger than initially and are too small to be able to use and view comfortably.  I have run into this problem in the past with Intel tools.  How can I increase the font size for Advisor to something reasonable that I can use?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
9 Replies
VaradJ_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

You can use your system default font by checking system default option. Please find the below screenshot:

VaradJ_Intel_0-1639030768749.png

If you still want to increase the font size then you can increase the font size of your system. Then restart the advisor GUI to apply the changes.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution. This would help others with similar issue.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Andrey_K
Employee

Hi,

If the issue related to High DPI scale, the fix with "Use system default" probably will not help. 

You need to upgrade Advisor to latest release, which fixes issue with High DPI (oneAPI 2022 toolkits).

0 Kudos
VaradJ_Intel

Hi,

Could you please give us an update? Is your issue resolved?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
snout_hound
New Contributor I

On Monday, 12/13, I downloaded and installed the 2022.1.0 version of basekit and hpckit.  I have done a little experimenting with advisor with the new version and it seems like it is better but there are still issues with parts of the gui that I hover over with the mouse having microscopic fonts.  Also, it is not clear to me how one should try to control the fonts used by advisor when using Fedora linux and KDE as the window manager.  I believe I have correctly configured the fonts I want to use in KDE on my laptop but am not sure how to get Intel tools like advisor and vtune to use them.  For me, I think that resolution of this issue is still a work in progress and would welcome any tips others might have who are actually trying to use the Intel tools like advisor and vtune on a laptop with a high resolution screen.  For instance, many applications that I use have either command line options, resource files or pull down menus that allow me to configure them to use the font of my choice.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Andrey_K
Employee

Hi Dave,

Do you mean tooltips on Workflow? 

It would be awesome, if you can share some screenshots.

Also, in KDE, you can set fonts directly in ~/.config/Trolltech.conf, see for details here: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/137808/qt-applications-have-tiny-fonts-on-xfce

0 Kudos
VaradJ_Intel

Hi Dave,

Could you please give us an update?

Is your issue resolved? If not, please can you provide the details asked by Andrey_K.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
VaradJ_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
snout_hound
New Contributor I

I believe this issue is mostly resolved for me since I am able to configure readable fonts with the new 2022.1 release of the oneAPI toolkit.  However, the fonts for the tool tips are still microscopic and I can only read then using a magnifying glass.  I am wondering if there is some resource file that could be used to configure all of the fonts used by Advisor.  For instance, I am wondering if Advisor is a GTK application and if using a GTK resource file would work to allow fonts to be configured.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Andrey_K
Employee

Hi Dave,

Thanks for pointing out to the issue. Yes, Advisor is a GTK app, but it uses CEF under the hood, and unfortunately some of the native tooltips doesn't DPI aware. We are working on resolving the issue. Probably in next release.

Thanks!

0 Kudos