Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

GFLAGS application verifier and Inspector

lionel-muratore
Beginner
Hello,

I've got a strange behaviour using Inspector this week, when I launched memory leak detection, I've got this error:

Memory error analysis: started

Result file:

Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.

Application exit code: [-2147483645]

Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.

Result file:

Memory error analysis: terminated

So I found that the problem comes from Global Flags from Microsoft when the option "Enable application verifier" is checked.

The behaviour seems to be the same with Amplifier (even if I don't use it for this project).

Could you please check if there is a work-around for this?

Thanks,

Lionel

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee
Hello Lionel,

I'vetested mi3 analysis with"Enable application verifier"checked and all worked fine. I've used glags.exe to set the flag and Intel Inspector XE update 8 on Windows 7 x64. Do you use thelatest update of Inspector XE? Do you set other Global Flags?
Is it possible to provide a small reproducer that has the problem on your setup?

Regards,
Kirill
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Application exit code: [-2147483645]

[SergeyK] -2147483645 = 0x80000003 - Exception: Hardcoded-Breakpoint

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. Please try to do your own verifications.

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
You application has encountered hardcoded breakpoint.Sometimes compiler will fill a buffer with int 3 0xCC instruction in order to triger debugger breakpoint and it is somehow related to your application behaviour.
0 Kudos