Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Having trouble runnin Inspector

Margaux1
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to run Inspector for the first time but I get the following error message:

Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.
Error: Result directory $PWD/r000ti3.inspxe is not found or empty. Suggestion: Specify valid path.

Does anyone know what this message means? I am in the right repository (containing the input files for the executable) and I have run the command:

inspxe-cl -collect ti3 -knob terminate-on-deadlock=false -knob stack-depth=16 -knob scope=extreme -knob remove-duplicates=true -knob use-maximum-resources=false -module-filter-mode=include -appdebug=off -no-trace-mpi -app-working-dir . -- $EXE_NAME

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Margaux1,

The inspector version that you are using seems to be outdated. Could you try upgrading inspector to the latest version(2021.4). Intel Inspector is available as a standalone installation and as part of the following products:

Please find below link to download standalone Intel inspector.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html#inspector

Thanks

Arun

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Margaux1

Could you please provide us with the below information.

1)Operating system and version.

2)Intel inspector version (inspxe-cl --version).

Meanwhile could you please try running the inspector with any one of the samples that is available with  inspector installation, so we could verify if this is by any chance an issue with the executable you are trying to inspect. You could find samples to try out inspector in the below path. (You would have to unzip and build the sample.)

{INSPECTOR_INSTALLED_PATH}/samples/en/C++/}

A possible scenario I could think of on the top of my head that could potentially cause this issue is, if the executable being inspected could be deleting/renaming the result directory that is being created by inspector, could you also check if this happens in your case.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
Margaux1
Beginner

Hi Arun,

thanks a lot for reading my post and for your answer.

Here are the following details on my configuration:

1) Debian GNU/Linux 9.13

2) Intel(R) Inspector XE 2016 Update 3 (build 460803) Command Line tool

The result directory is not being modified by my executable.

Also, I have tried the samples provided in the installed path. Both  C++ and Fortran executables give me the same error.

Margaux

0 Kudos
Margaux1
Beginner

Another information that might be useful: the result repository inspector is looking for (for example "r000ti3") is not created as I said, but a "r000ti3-bad" repository is created. It contains the following elements:

- a repository named "config"

- a repository named "data.0"

- an XML file named "r000ti3-bad.inspxe"

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Margaux1,

The inspector version that you are using seems to be outdated. Could you try upgrading inspector to the latest version(2021.4). Intel Inspector is available as a standalone installation and as part of the following products:

Please find below link to download standalone Intel inspector.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html#inspector

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
Margaux1
Beginner

Hi Arun,

thanks a lot for your solution. The latest version works fine!

Thanks again,

Margaux

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Thank you Margaux1 for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos