Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5014 Discussions

How do I set VTune's call graph results in the following way?

zgzg2020
Beginner
Hello,
I have run call graph successfully. And, now, I want to view only certain paths, and not all threads. But, everytime I hide something, and click a plus to expand on another the hidden paths reappear. Is there a way to color certain paths for better visibility.

I have another question. I want to know who was the grandaddy of my analyzed application. I mean, I want to see the call graph Vs. Time. Obviously this is the soul feature of VTune's call graph. But, I want to know exactly WHEN did my application and designated DLLs come alive. And, I want to see the calling from then on, and nothing else.

Sorry about the awful explainations, thanx!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - zgzg2020
Hello,
I have run call graph successfully. And, now, I want to view only certain paths, and not all threads. But, everytime I hide something, and click a plus to expand on another the hidden paths reappear. Is there a way to color certain paths for better visibility.

I have another question. I want to know who was the grandaddy of my analyzed application. I mean, I want to see the call graph Vs. Time. Obviously this is the soul feature of VTune's call graph. But, I want to know exactly WHEN did my application and designated DLLs come alive. And, I want to see the calling from then on, and nothing else.

Yes. If you hide some nodesthen clicking parent nodewill display those nodes again. You have to use "delete" instead of"hide" so that node will not appear again! Absolutely if you reopen call graph result that deleted node will appear.

If you want to seetime related performance info - I suggest you to use sampling data collection andview result in Sampling OverTime view (SOT). Thus, you can know when yourDLLs areactive.

Regards, Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Peter_W_Intel
Employee
Quoting - zgzg2020
Hello,

Yes. If you hide some nodesthen clicking parent nodewill display those nodes again. You have to use "delete" instead of"hide" so that node will not appear again! Absolutely if you reopen call graph result that deleted node will appear.

If you want to seetime related performance info - I suggest you to use sampling data collection andview result in Sampling OverTime view (SOT). Thus, you can know when yourDLLs areactive.

Regards, Peter
0 Kudos