Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

How to analyze an application that need to run under a non Admin context on Vista?

Emmanuel_W_
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am using VTune 9.0 on Windows Vista SP1. I am trying toanalyzean application that has been designed to run under a standard user context (it fails to start in an admin context). VTune which itself is running under an admin context start all application under an admin context.

I can turn UAC of and then I am able to start the application from VTune but then the call flow in the application is not exactly the same.

Any thoughts?

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I remember that VTune? Performance Analyzer 9.0 early Updates doesn't support Windows Vista* with SP1. You may need to upgrade the product to latest release version.

Please submit issue to https://premier.intel.com with test case to explain why the call flow in the application is not exactly the same.

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
Vova
Beginner

Did you tryelevateUserRight.exe tool (locatedC:Program FilesIntelVTuneAnalyzerbin) to add sampling rights to the regular users?

0 Kudos