Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

How to choose my own code for performance tracking?

sanbuphy
Novice

Hello!

I use vtune and feel that he is very good, but what is confusing is that his information is exposed too much.

For example, if I track a python program, he will expose all the call chain and dynamic library information of the python interpreter and some basic libraries ; but I only want to see the function-level performance information of the part of the code by myself, and I don't want to see more fine-grained information.

Is there any way for me to control the scope of the trace or control the granular display of performance trace information? 

Sometimes I don't want to see dynamic library and instruction set level information, sometimes I want to see.

Thank you very mush.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Unfortunately we can't help to control the scope of the VTune analysis results. You could use different analysis and check which one is most suitable for your workload.

Hope this clarifies your query. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Unfortunately we can't help to control the scope of the VTune analysis results. You could use different analysis and check which one is most suitable for your workload.

Hope this clarifies your query. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give us an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AthiraM_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos