Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4975 Discussions

How to delay the analysis in Intel Inspector?

Akhilesh_Naidu
Beginner

Just want to know if we can delay the analysis or we can start the analysis in the later phase in Intel Inspector? 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RahulU_Intel

Thanks for posting in Intel Forums.

Could you please confirm the OS you are using.

Intel Inspector provides the opportunity to investigate more deeply with an interactive debugging session during analysis. Select analysis start location with debugger configuration which delays problem detection until a selected point in the application. This option lets you choose an arbitrary location to turn on error detection, allowing faster execution until that point.

There is no start paused analysis support for inspector. We need to use gdb in case on Linux or MSVC in Windows by putting breakpoint from where to start. There is no itt_pause resume support in Inspector.

If you are using windows please refer the following link:

If you are using linux refer the below link:

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Akhilesh_Naidu
Beginner

Thanks for the response.

Want to know more about this. Suppose I want to detect error in later part of the code, so what all things I need to do?

Regards,

Akhilesh

0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Could you please confirm the OS that you are using so that we can provide the detailed steps for you to follow. If you are on windows, please let us know whether Inspector is integrated with Visual Studio.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Akhilesh_Naidu
Beginner

Hi,

I am on Linux machine, currently running the tool on a machine with OS Redhat 6.7.

Regards,

Akhilesh

0 Kudos
Akhilesh_Naidu
Beginner
0 Kudos
RahulU_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for your late reply. We are looking into your case, we'll get back to you. Can you please confirm what debugger you are using.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
Akhilesh_Naidu
Beginner

Hi,

Do I need to externally link a debugger or it is already present in the tool?

When ever I start analysis using debugger, a separate terminals open and nothing happens.

Please kindly let me know what to do!!

Regards,

Akhilesh

0 Kudos
Akhilesh_Naidu
Beginner

Hi,

When can I expect the solution?

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel

Hello Akhilesh,

Were you able to follow instructions from the last message?

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel

Hello,

Due to lack of activity, this ticket will no longer be supported by Intel team. Please rely on the community support. Thank you.

0 Kudos