Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

How to find the microarchitecture code name? I want to analyse the performance of hard ware issues.

西洋_张_
Beginner

I try to use  VTune™ Amplifier XE 2011 to test the performance hardware issues of my C code project. 

But when I built a new amplifier project and attended to start a new Analysis for hardware Issues on type of "Advanced Intel(R) Microarchitecture Code Name Nehalem Analysis", it told me the processor should be based on the Intel(R) microarchitecture code name Nehalem and I couldn't continue.

So I seek for help to find the type of my micro architecture, and I also wish to find a available way to test the hardware issue, such as cache miss rate and miss-prediction rate, through VTune™ Amplifier XE 2011 , thank you very much!

I find some infomation about my server:

My server's OS is linux, 

type 'cat /proc/version'  --> it shows "Linux version  2.6.32-71.el6.i686" 

type 'cat /etc/issue'  --> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.0(Santiago)

type 'uname -n'  --> intel2   # (node name)

type 'uname -s'  --> 2.6.32-71.el6.i686   # (kernel-release)

type 'uname -m'  --> i686   # (machine)

type 'uname -p'  --> i686   # (processor)

type 'uname -i'  --> i386   # (hardware-platform)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

What CPU do you have?

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi:

If you use the graphical interface, amplxe-gui, it will automatically identify the microarchitecture and expand the tree branch showing the analysis types available for your processor.

Also, please check out our tuning guides for expert advise on analyzing your application's performance on specific microarchitectures.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

There is also Intel Processor Identification Utility , but it seems that it only runs on Windows.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Right.  Which reminds me, cat /proc/cpuinfo and you can see the "product name".  Then google it or look on ark.intel.com.  You may be able to determine the architecture based on the release date.

0 Kudos