Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5002 Discussions

How to get each numa node memory bandwidth using vtune command line?

LisaJ
Beginner

Hello,

I want to get the memory bandwidth of each numa node using vtune. I tried the GUI way, which shows me the bandwidth timeline graph in the bottom-up tab under memory usage. Can I also get the raw data through command line?

Something like this: 

`vtune -report timeline -r r000macc/ -report-knob column-by=OvertimeBandwidth -report-knob bin-count=100`

But this is for overall bandwidth instead of each numa node's bandwidth.

Thank you

Lisa

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

We are checking with the internal team to verify if such a NUMA node filtering is available for timeline reports via CLI. We will get back to you with an update shortly.

Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Kindly use the below command for grouping the results based on package (NUMA nodes) and/or DRAM memory channels:

vtune -report timeline -r r001macc/ -report-knob column-by=OvertimeBandwidth -report-knob bin-count=100 -report-knob group-by=UncorePackage
vtune -report timeline -r r001macc/ -report-knob column-by=OvertimeBandwidth -report-knob bin-count=100 -report-knob group-by=DRAMChannel
vtune -report timeline -r r001macc/ -report-knob column-by=OvertimeBandwidth -report-knob bin-count=100 -report-knob group-by=UncorePackage/DRAMChannel

Sample Result:

JyothisV_Intel_0-1701080645628.png

If this resolves your query, kindly mark this as a solution as it might help others with a similar issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not received any update from you.

We hope the provided commands have helped you with your requirements. If not, kindly get back to us so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not received any update from you. We assume that your issues is resolved.

This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need any assistance while using Intel products or services, kindly post a new question.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos