Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5000 Discussions

How to test Web application at the server side

infocom-solutions
Hi,

One of my ISV have download VTune and install the application, Thwy would like to knowhow to test their application. It would be fine if you give some guidance on how to go about to test our webapp.

If you have guidelines or mannual pls share.

Praveen
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NKhan
Beginner

Hi Pavi,

Even I also need some guidlines on steps to follow for ASP.Net and VB.Net application.

I want to know what are all the tools that we can use to multi-thread ASP.Net Web based application.

Requesting some body to kindly provide input and helpful resource.

Regards,
Khan
0 Kudos
robert-reed
Valued Contributor II
One of my ISV have download VTune and install the application, Thwy would like to knowhow to test their application. It would be fine if you give some guidance on how to go about to test our webapp.

If you have guidelines or mannual pls share.

There are help pages that come with the product that share the details of launching .NET programs outside of VTune analyzer and other such details, but the basic thing you want to do is find out where your webapp is spending most of its time. This "hot spot" analysis collects real data about what functions are taking time; those functions should be the place where you should concentrate your attention to optimize the code. Hot spot analysis is done using the event sampler collector, which collects data about any programs that happen to be running at the same time. That means you can start your webapp, start driving it with requests, and then use VTune analyzer to figure out where the work is being done.

There's another aspect to testing that I just alluded to. In order to profit from event sample collection, you've got to make sure that other than VTune analyzer, the only other heavy activity on the system is your webapp. This means driving it with a sufficient load that most of the samples come from the webapp, or from some pathology that indicates a bottleneck somewhere else.

0 Kudos