Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

I can't have Estimated GPU cycles for kernel into In-Kernel Profiling

YellowMan
Beginner

Hi,

When i go to source code of my kernel in GPU In-Kernel Profilng, i can't see column "Estimated GPU Cycles" (https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/810015 picture 2). I have column "Computing Task" with time just for my kernel's first line. How can I column Estimated GPU Cycles ?

Logs :

Data collection is completed with warnings

Jun 17 2019 16:16:34 The result file 'C:\[...]\My Amplifier Results - TestPerformance\r044gp\r044gp.amplxe' is created and added to the project TestPerformance. Please see warning messages for details.

[Instrumentation Engine]: GTPin: FillMyFunctionMap() couldn't find GTPIN_IGC_OCL_GetSupportedFeatures

Finalization completed with warnings

Jun 17 2019 16:16:37 Result finalization has completed with warnings that may affect the representation of the analysis data. Please see details below.

Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\windows\system32\OpenCL.dll'.

Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\VTune Amplifier 2019\bin64\runtime\ittnotify_collector.dll'.

Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll'.

Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\windows\system32\kernel32.dll'.

Cannot locate debugging information for file `C:\windows\system32\igdrcl64.dll'.

Thanks

I use Intel VTune 2019 / Update 1 and Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 7 / 64 bits

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Egor_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

Could you please enable additional logs, collect the result and share it with us (the result directory will contain the necessary log files)?
To enable additional logs you need to set following environment variables:
set AMPLXE_LOG_LEVEL=TRACE
set TPSS_DEBUG=1

Also I recommend you try to reproduce the issue using the latest version of VTune (VTune 2019 Update 4), because it contains new version of the instrumentation engine.

Thanks.

0 Kudos