Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Inspector does not let my program read external files.

dominique120
Beginner

I have a program that must read a configuration file when it starts but whenever I start this program inside inspector the program does not read this external configuration file. If I execute the program outside of Inspector the program loads this file fine.

Is these something I can do so that my program reads the config file?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

It sounds this is impossible.

On GUI, have you added items into "User-defined environment variables" which is in <Project Properties>\Target tab ? These user environment variables might be required for program to read external files.

Another way is, use a console which can ran your app to read external files, without Inspector XE. Then run inspxe-gui or inspxe-cl, they will inherit all system variables and user variables from this console.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

It sounds this is impossible.

On GUI, have you added items into "User-defined environment variables" which is in <Project Properties>\Target tab ? These user environment variables might be required for program to read external files.

Another way is, use a console which can ran your app to read external files, without Inspector XE. Then run inspxe-gui or inspxe-cl, they will inherit all system variables and user variables from this console.

0 Kudos
dominique120
Beginner

I did not adjust the env variables but I did adjust other options like the working directory.

Everything is working now, thank you.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Yes. Run Inspector from console which has right working directory, will help. Thank you let me know the problem has been solved:-)

0 Kudos
dominique120
Beginner

I'm having the same problems with Advisor but I cant fix it with the console and I dont see any properties windows, what should I do?

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Please go this forum to discuss the problem from Advisor XE.

0 Kudos