Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Inspector is giving error as "version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6"

naveen_k_
Beginner

Installed Intel Inspector 2013 and while running, getting the below error.

linux-40:/home # source /opt/intel/inspector_xe_2013/inspxe-vars.sh
Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel(R) Inspector XE 2013 (build 313340)
linux-40:/home #
linux-40:/home # inspxe-cl -collect ti3 -r=./TEST_Tread ./a.out
/opt/intel/inspector_xe_2013/bin32/pinbin: relocation error: /lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol errno, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.
Warning: Encountered an issue while loading result [/home/TEST_Tread]. Cannot continue because cannot find input file.

0 new problem(s) found
linux-40:/home # cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (i586)
VERSION = 10
PATCHLEVEL = 1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
naveen_k_
Beginner

naveen k. wrote:

Installed Intel Inspector 2013 and while running, getting the below error.

linux-40:/home # source /opt/intel/inspector_xe_2013/inspxe-vars.sh
Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel(R) Inspector XE 2013 (build 313340)
linux-40:/home # inspxe-cl -collect ti3 -r=./TEST_Tread ./a.out
/opt/intel/inspector_xe_2013/bin32/pinbin: relocation error: /lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol errno, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
Error: An internal error has occurred. Our apologies for this inconvenience. Please gather a description of the steps leading up to the problem and contact the Intel customer support team.
Warning: Encountered an issue while loading result [/home/TEST_Tread]. Cannot continue because cannot find input file.

0 new problem(s) found
linux-40:/home # cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (i586)
VERSION = 10
PATCHLEVEL = 1

Plz let me know, how to solve this issue.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I was aware of such problem - the problem may happen in customized Linux* OS, reported pinbin relocation error, the reason is file /etc/ld.so.preload was present in system. That file only contained one line “libachk.so” it changed the order of library loading to cause Inspector break. The solution is simply to remove /etc/ld.so.preload manually.

0 Kudos
naveen_k_
Beginner

As per our company policy, we need to install specific tool. After uninstall that tool, Inspector is working fine......

Solution provided by Seems to be correct (even i didnt tried this). Thanks a lot Peter Wang.

0 Kudos