Faced the inability to use hardware support for Intel VTune and others. Error: "Architectural Performance Monitoring version is 0".
- there are no options on my system Credential Guard and Device Guard, it's empty.
- disabling the Hyber-V component in the system does not help.
- the Linux subsystem component is installed in the system.
CPU: xeon 2620v3.
Thank you for posting in Intel VTune Profiler Forum.
Could you please share with us the following details so that we can debug your issue :
1) VTune profiler version that you are using
2) host OS
3) Analysis type
4) The other analyzers in which you faced the same issue
Also, please try upgrading to the latest version as it might solve the issue.
Thanks and Regards,
1) VTune 2021.1.1 Gold , build 613804.
2) Windows 10 Pro.
3) The same error in all types of analyzes:
Cannot enable event-based sampling collection: Architectural Performance Monitoring version is 0. Make sure to disable the Hyper-V feature or upgrade your system to satisfy analysis requirements.
4) I haven't noticed any problems in Inspector and Advisor.
Could you please verify that you have tried all the solution methods given in the following link :
Please share the VM OS you are using and steps to reproduce . Also, were you able to use VTune in host OS without any issues ?
We could observe that you are using Haswell machine - CPU: xeon 2620v3 (refer attached Image 1).
Its mentioned in the below document that “VTune Profiler will not be able to work in the Hyper-V environment running on Intel microarchitectures code named Haswell or Broadwell.”
[refer attached image 2]
Hope its clear.
I don't think you read my messages. In the initial post, I wrote that the Hyper-V is not being used. Hyper-V environment disabled. VTune tells me that I should disable the Hyper-V while it is already off. But a WSL is installed in the system, can it affect? I can't delete WSL for work reasons.
Thank you for your patience. We discussed this issue with the subject matter experts.
1) WSL seems to be unrelated to the actual issue. We assume that it is not causing the error.
2) Please cross check and confirm that Hyper-V is not getting re-enabled after a reboot. If yes, it may have to be disabled in BIOS.
3) As a last try, try re-installing the product.
The problem turned out to be in WSL2. She uses HYPER-V herself. At the same time, the system component HYPER-V is not marked as enabled (without a check mark), but the system check shows that HYPER-V is not disabled. Also, when WSL2 is on, HAXM does not work.
Thank you for the update. Glad to know that you've figured out the issue and thank you for letting us know.
Is there anymore clarification regarding the query or any help from our side? Can we discontinue monitoring this thread?
We have informed the concerned team regarding this. We are discontinuing monitoring this thread. Please raise a new thread in case if you have any further issues.