Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4974 Discussions

Intel VTune - ittnotify and collection control

HPCAnalisys
Beginner

Hi, I'm trying to evaluate the GFLOPs of my application in a constrained area of the code, thats only on a heavy function (>2sec of execution), using "ittnotify.h".

I've followed the configure your system guide and successful built with:

g++ -g -O3 -std=gnu++0x -I/opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2022.4.0/sdk/include -L/opt/intel/oneapi/vtune/2022.4.0/sdk/lib64 source.cpp -o source.o -pthread -littnotify -ldl

I'm trying to execute the "Performance snapshot" analysis via CLI to get the number of GFLOPs, starting by paused with:

vtune -collect performance-snapshot -start-paused -finalization-mode=full -r ./result -- ./source.o

And then attempting to resume the analysis from code. Unfortunately it seems to not be able to find the "__itt_resume();" command, since it prints "EMON collector was started in PAUSE mode and never RESUMED". This is how I'm trying to use the library:

int main(int argc, char **argv) {

... some code ...

__itt_resume();
       myFunction(1,2,3);
       __itt_pause();

.... other code ...

return 0;

}

Does anyone know why this is not working? Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We tried collection control API with an existing C++ code but couldn't reproduce your issue. Could you please provide the below information so that we can debug your issue further?

1) Your System details

2) Sample reproducer so that we can try out from our end.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Could you please give us an update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos