Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

Internal error in Inspector XE 2016 Beta

Towie__Ewan
New Contributor I

Hi there,

I have been using the Inspector XE Beta fairly successfully but on my recent run Inspector reported an internal error and ended the analysis. It also states that I should contact the Intel Support team.

The Inspector reports several data race conditions with 'for__acquire_lun' which I haven't seen before.

I should say that I am working with Fortran on a linux system. I have also created an Intel Premier support issue where I have uploaded the results dir.

Also, I have been trying to make use of the Intel Collection Control API with Inspector but it doesn't seem to work at all. I am using the commands:

CALL itt_suppress_push(itt_suppress_all_errors)     ! Stop Inspector collection
    CALL itt_suppress_push(itt_suppress_threading_errors)     ! Stop Inspector collection
    CALL itt_suppress_push(itt_suppress_memory_errors)     ! Stop Inspector collection

to push, and the following to pop:

CALL itt_suppress_pop()
CALL itt_suppress_pop()
CALL itt_suppress_pop()

I am calling these within serial sections of the code, but prior to the OpenMP parallel sections I want to analyse. Any clues as to why it doesn't seem to work?

Thanks,

Ewan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Towie__Ewan
New Contributor I

I can confirm that the internal error is reported for this application with either Memory or Thread analysis.

Inspector reports the following error to the Collector Messages pane

Error: Internal error. Please contact Intel customer support team. 
Application exit code: 139

Ewan

0 Kudos
Towie__Ewan
New Contributor I

Shameless bump on this thread..

I am resolving the issues with the internal error with Intel Premier Support but I would really appreciate some help with why the Intel Collection Controls don't seem to work with Inspector.

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

When you say that the collection controls aren't working, what is the exact behavior you are experiencing?  Are errors being reported in the suppressed section?  Are errors outside of the suppressed section being missed?

0 Kudos
Towie__Ewan
New Contributor I

That's a good question!

I guess I am expecting it to pause the collection during the periods where I have asked it to suppress error collection. At the moment it doesn't seem to do this.

Let me ask, what visual aid does the user have to inform them that the Inspector has actually had some error suppression enabled?

Ewan

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

The only indication that suppressions were enabled is that no errors are found in that region.

0 Kudos