Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4995 Discussions

Is there a method to combain call graph and sampling.

amitm02
Beginner
I would like to aggragate the event based data i've obtain through "sampling" into a "function with children". is there a way to do so?

P.S, The reason is that my program use many small 3rd party helper functions that appear as hotspots. I would like to get a better idea about what happends in each of my functions that use those helper functions.

Thanks
Amit
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_T_Intel
Quoting - amitm02
I would like to aggragate the event based data i've obtain through "sampling" into a "function with children". is there a way to do so?

P.S, The reason is that my program use many small 3rd party helper functions that appear as hotspots. I would like to get a better idea about what happends in each of my functions that use those helper functions.

Thanks
Amit

Hi Amit,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to strictly correlate results of sampling collection and call graph collection in VTune. In your case you might find useful the Hotspot analysis of Parallel Amplifier (part of Intel Parallel Studio), which provides a list of hottest functions with their call stacks. Amplifier also provides a Top-Down Call Tree window which would help to analyze the function calls from their roots.

0 Kudos