Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

Is there a possibility of creating a project using vtune executable in the command line?

Arnab
Beginner

Hi,

If I open vtune-gui, there is a possibility to create a new project that will create a file called <NAME>.vtuneproj. This gives me the possibility to do analysis multiple time with a number attached to the name of each analysis, like the following:

like r000hs, r001ue ...

On the other hand in the command line, if I run the same analysis, it shows your analysis already exists. It shows:

vtune: Fatal error: The specified result directory already contains result data. Provide another result directory.

Is there a possibility to do the same analysis multiple times using command line interface without changing the result directory?

Any solution by creating a project or by not creating a project is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Arnab

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kirill_U_Intel
Employee

Hi.

Maybe something like this helps you

vtune -r PATH_TO_ALL_REULTS/r@@@ -c h -- appication

Kirill

0 Kudos
Arnab
Beginner

I used this command and it is not working.

mpirun -n $NUMCORES vtune -collect hotspots -knob sampling-mode=sw -quiet -r $SASSDIR/analysis/vtune/r001hs/r@@@ -app-working-dir=$WORDIR -- $EXECFILE --limits.computation.threads=$NUM_THREADS

Corresponding error:

vtune: Error: MPI application analysis is not possible if a result directory name is not provided or contains @ characters.
Please specify a valid result directory name with the -r option.

My old command was the following. It works but everytime I had to delete ${result-dir}/r001hs.hzglap02

mpirun -n $NUMCORES vtune -collect hotspots -knob sampling-mode=sw -quiet -result-dir=$SASSDIR/analysis/vtune/r001hs -app-working-dir=$WORDIR -- $EXECFILE --limits.computation.threads=$NUM_THREADS

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Arnab,

A workaround you could use would be to provide time stamp for the result directory. Please find below an example I have verified at my end.

mpirun vtune -r ./`date '+%F-%H-%M-%S'` -c h -- ./a.out

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Hi Arnab,

Have you tried out the suggestion provided. Let us know if you need any further information about this.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

As we have not heard back from you for quite some time we assume this issue has been resolved. We would discontinue monitoring this thread further. Please raise a new thread in case of further issues.

Arun

0 Kudos