Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

License File related issue

Athira_A_
Beginner

Sir,

Thank you so much for, I have received the licence file you sent me to my mail as per my request. As I am new to this field I don't know how to open the .lic package you sent me. I dint find much details regarding this in the release notes. Moreover I would like to know where I should copy the the .lic file in order to set the path in the terminal while trying to do activation of the software.

Regards,
Athira

0 Kudos
9 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The install script will ask you for the path to your .lic file if you didn't put it in one of the supported installation paths, which depend on your OS.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The install script will ask you for the path to your .lic file if you didn't put it in one of the supported installation paths, which depend on your OS.

0 Kudos
Athira_A_
Beginner

Sir,

Now when i gave the path it shows the license file that i provided is not valid for the product. Kindly check the issue and please let me know where am i going wrong.

Regards,

Athira

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

Hi Athira:

I'm sorry.  I don't know what is wrong.  It looks like you are doing everything correctly and the license information is correct, as well.  It should work.  Until we can determine the cause, you may be able to workaround this problem by providing the license you have for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux*, which includes the VTune Amplifier XE.

Also, I am not familiar with your original issue, but is there some reason you can't just enter the serial number during installation?

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

BTW, I just tested your license file on an Ubuntu system and did not have any problems.  How are you running the install.sh?  As root, sudo, etc.?

0 Kudos
Vitaly_S_Intel
Employee

Just a thought - are you sure that the provided path to license file is valid? I would expect to replace "Home" by "~".

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Actually you can activate license later, then complete installation.

Check you environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE, it usually is 

INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=/opt/intel/licenses

You can put your license file under that folder, after completing installation, if your license is valid.

0 Kudos
Athira_A_
Beginner

Thank Yoou soo much for the assistance Intel team. Yeah.. actually it was due to the error in providing exact path. Later i copied the file path from the top search space and pasted it in terminal and it worked correctly. I was so excited when it worked. Thanks alooot for the support.

But, now i have another issue.. I was trying to execute a tutorial to find hot spot of a ray tracing program an check the working of the software. shall i raise it here itself or should i start with a separate thread for tat issue?

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

It is great news that your license file can work for installation.

It's better that you can start up another thread to discuss issue when using VTune with tutorial stuff.

0 Kudos