Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4999 Discussions

Linux vtune2019 has trouble resolving paths with capital letters in them

Brad_K_Intel
Employee

The path to my source code looks like:
/home/bakelly/WORK/explore_uin64/opencv/modules/imgproc/src/sumpixels.cpp

when it tries to pull up the source at any time it says it cannot find the source file and displays the dialog to let me enter it manually.

But when I enter this path it immediately changes the path to all lower-case with /work/ instead of /WORK/ then says "File does not exist"

I have worked around this by putting symlinks in place so the all lowercase paths can be found, but this is annoying.

I've played around with other capital letter organizations and some work and some don't.  Seems kind of flaky.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Denis_M_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I cannot reproduce this issue. I tried matrix application from VTune samples and put it to /home/bakelly/WORK/explore_uin64/opencv/modules/imgproc/src on RHEL system.

Could you provide more details: VTune build number, OS name and version, locale output?
It might be also related to debugging information generated by compiler. Can you send me the source file + binary file (with debug. info) + VTune result?

0 Kudos
Schussman__Greg
Beginner

I'm having the same problem.  It doesn't always happen, and not every capital letter triggers the effect.  But when it happens, the entire string is converted to lower case.  Seems to get worse the longer a session runs.

VTune build number: vtune_amplifier_2019.0.2.570779

OS name and version: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 7.2 (Maipo)

locale output:

LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NAME=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=en_US.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

In my case, the path is:

/home/local1/Scratch_rh67/greg.schussman/Work/s67.1/src/pv/integration/pthreadAccel.cc

The letters affected are the "S", "W", and "A" in that string.  It seems that, once they have been converted to lower case, I can edit them individually.  But the moment they're ALL correct (meaning they match the actual path and file), something gets triggered and the whole string is instantly converted to lower case again.

Thanks for looking at this.

Greg

0 Kudos