Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

List of all functions are not visible in VTune

Tejas_B_
Beginner

Hi,

I am executing performance analysis of C++ image processing code through VTune of Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition on Windows 7 and Intel Core i5 2400 processor platform, but could not able to see complete list of functions into VTune report. What could be the correct way to see all the written function in VTune report ?

FYR, Intel Compilers settings are 
/Zi /nologo /W3 /WX- /Ox /Oi /Ot /GL /D "NDEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /Gm- /EHsc /MD /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fp"x64\Release\ExeName.pch" /Fa"x64\Release\" /Fo"x64\Release\" /Fd"x64\Release\vc100.pdb" /Gd /errorReport:queue 

Regards,

Tejas

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

In order to retain function name symbols across in-lining, there is the option -debug:inline-debug-info

Still, you will not see functions for which there are insufficient samples.   On a sampling run of less than 20 seconds, you will need to increase sampling rate.

0 Kudos
Marian_M_
Beginner

I would adjust @Tim Prince's to cosmetic change, since it is on Windows, it is /Qinline-debug-info

review: http://scc.qibebt.cas.cn/docs/compiler/intel/2011/compiler_c/main_cls/copts/common_options/option_inline_debug_info.htm

but I'd like to place another question, does this option work also on large preprocessor macros?

0 Kudos
Marian_M_
Beginner

Though, I get with ICC 14.0 with latest updates:

1>icl: : message #10010: option '/Qinline-debug-info' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '/help deprecated'

0 Kudos
Marian_M_
Beginner

When I think deeply, FIIRST there is preprocessor, and THEN compiler. so it should be fine for preprocessor macros generating functions and/or parts of function. But modern compilers have preprocessing and compilation got together in one single step...

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee

On Windows, it is /debug:inline-debug-info, according to the documentation.

0 Kudos
Marian_M_
Beginner

MrAnderson (Intel) wrote:

On Windows, it is /debug:inline-debug-info, according to the documentation.

I am very sorry for misinformations, but I must say it is hard to google all ICC switches (from reliable sources).

Yes, "/debug:inline-debug-info" had the same effect on my build. Thank you for letting me know.

0 Kudos