Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
5014 Discussions

Missing Interactive Debugging "Debug This" Context Menu Item

John_D_9
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to attach my debugger to see a data race in the act, but I can't find the context menu item "Debug This Problem" explained in the documentation "About Investigating Problems Using Interactive Debugging" ( https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/528095 ):

2015-03-24 12_25_25-About Investigating Problems Using Interactive Debugging.png

Here is a screenshot with the context menu I expected would could contain the context menu item, but I don't see it.  Where is the "Debug This Problem" context menu item?

2015-03-24 12_18_27- Intel Inspector.png

I am running Intel Inspector XE 2015 Update 1 (build 379161) on Windows 7 with Visual Studio Professional 2012 Update 4 (without Intel extensions installed with Visual Studio).  I collected the results like this:

inspxe-cl.exe -collect=ti3 -k use-maximum-resources=true -suppression-file=../default.sup -- foo.exe arg1 arg2

My application foo.exe is a release build -- I hope that doesn't somehow prevent interactive debugging from working (because I can't reproduce the data race in a small enough data set that could complete in a feasible amount of time in a debug build).

Thanks,
John

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_D_Intel
Employee

You need to be running Inspector integrated into Visual Studio for interactive debugging to work.

0 Kudos
John_D_9
Beginner

Thanks Mark, interactive debugging is working for me now.

0 Kudos